If you are facing the issue of Fortnite crashing on your Windows PC then you are not alone in the list. Many users are facing the same issue. This error is extremely annoying as it completely interrupts the game. but there is good news that it can be fixed in a few simple steps. In this article today we have come up with the fixes for this annoying error. You can try these fixes in order to remove this issue.
- 1 5 Fixes To Remove ‘Fix Fortnite Keeps Crashing on Windows PC’ Error?
- 2 Conclusion
5 Fixes To Remove ‘Fix Fortnite Keeps Crashing on Windows PC’ Error?
Here is the list of the fixes that will remove this error from your windows PC for sure. Let’s go:-
1. Lower Your Graphics Settings
Your game might be crashing because of the high graphics settings of your PC. Check with lower resolution and effects if this fixes your issue. If this does not works move to the next solution.
2. Check If Your PC Matches The Minimum System Requirements
Fortnite is a high-end game that requires a compatible PC for smooth gameplay. If you don’t meet the PC requirements then your game will keep lagging and freezing.
Here are the minimum system requirements for Fortnite.
- CPU: Core i3 2.4 GHz
- CPU SPEED: Info
- RAM: 4 GB
- OS: Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
- VERTEX SHADER: 3.0
- PIXEL SHADER: 3.0
- VIDEO CARD: Intel HD 4000
Here are the recommended system requirements for Fortnite.
- CPU: Core i5 2.8 GHz
- CPU SPEED: Info
- RAM: 8 GB
- OS: Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
- VERTEX SHADER: 5.0
- PIXEL SHADER: 5.0
- VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 equivalent DX11 GPU
- DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2048 MB
So we would recommend you have at least a PC with minimum requirements for smooth gameplay.
3. Stop Overclocking
Another reason behind CPU crashing may be increased CPU speed. If you are facing this problem after overclocking your CPU, then you can set CPU clock speed back to default to fix the issue.
Here’s how to do it:-
- Restart your computer. Press F2 in time to enter BIOS.
- Move to the Advanced tab.
- Locate Performance and find an Overclocking option.
- Disable Overclocking option.
- Save the changes and exit BIOS.
Now restart your computer and see if Fortnite crashing issue has been resolved.
4. Change Registry Settings To Fix Fortnite Keep Crashing
One more solution known to fix this Fortnite keeps crashing issue is to change registry settings. Follow these simple steps to change your registry settings.
- Press and hold the Windows + R key to trigger the Run dialog box. Type Regedit in it and press Enter. This will launch the Registry Editor.
- Firstly, create a backup of registry keys before making any changes. To do this, click on File and then click on Export. Then, select a location to save the backup and continue with the process. If anything goes wrong, you have to use this backup to restore the Registry Settings.
- Move to the following path in the Registry Editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
- Next, go to the right-side pane, right-click on the empty space and then choose New -> QWORD (64-bit) Value.
- Name the new value as TdrLevel.
- Double-click on the TdrLevel to modify it. Set the value data to 0. Save the changes and close the Registry Editor.
- Restart your computer and run Fornite.
Check if this solution has solved the problem,
5. Re-Install Epic Games Launcher
Another method to fix Fortnite keeps the crashing issue is Uninstalling the epic games launcher and then installing it again. Follow these steps to do that:-
Note: You will have to install Fortnite again once you uninstall Epic Games Launcher from your PC.
- Right-click on the Epic Games Launcher and then click on ‘Run as Administrator.
- Run it and then close it.
- Go to the Control Panel from the Search bar.
- Go to Programs & Features and then click on Uninstall Programs.
- Look Epic Games Launcher from the list, click on it, and then click on Uninstall.
- Once it is uninstalled, restart your PC.
- Now, install the Epic Games Launcher again.
This fix is the ultimate solution to get rid of any Fortnite issues on windows PC.
After re-installing the Epic Games launcher and Fortnite, all the related issues will be gone. This is the ultimate solution to get rid of any Fortnite issue on Windows
This article will be quite helpful for you if Fortnite Crashing is a common issue in your windows PC. We hope you also have solved your issue by now. If you are still having any issue then you can tell us in the comments section. We will surely help you there.
You can read our other gaming articles here