Windows 10 is no doubt the most versatile operating system till now. The no. of features this operating system is adding day by day is really amazing. These features are added by Microsoft to equip the operating system with the latest security patches and stability enhancements. However, adding these features on a regular basis by Microsoft has caught problems for users. And Windows automatically update themselves whenever there is an update available. This causes a lot of data consumption and also takes a lot of time. Moreover, When it restarts to install the updates it takes a long time sometimes and hence results in bad user experience.
What if we tell you that you can gain control over your Windows to update them whenever you want or You can disable automatic updates on windows 10. Yes, you can disable automatic updates on windows 10 in simple and easy steps. Let’s know-how:-
1. Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates Using Settings App
The first and easy method to stop the automatic updates of windows 10 is by using settings app. You can pause the updates until 35 days using this method. Here are simple steps to do so:
- Open Settings app
- Locate and click on update and security
- Press on Windows update icon
- Double click on the advanced options button.
- You will see the pause until drop-down content there.
- Here you can select the date till you have to pause the updates.
After you have completed these steps your automatic window updates will be paused till the date specified by you. You can also resume your settings any time by visiting the windows updates page anytime.Attention: The next methods that we are going to mention can be done on Windows 10 Pro version only.
2. Disabling Windows 10 Automatic Updates Using Group Policy
If you are having Windows 10 pro then you can also use the local group policy editor to stop the automatic updates on your Windows system. Here are the steps that will guide you further:
- Open Start Menu
- Now type gpedit.msc and click on the top of the options that you see on your screen.
- After opening Group policy you have to navigate the path highlighted below:
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update
- Click on Configure Automatic updates policy
- Click on the disabled option on the left side of the screen to turn off the automatic updates.
- Click the Apply button and then OK
This method will stop the download automatic downloads of windows updates on your laptop or PC. However, you can download updates whenever you want. You can download them easily from settings app as discussed in Step 1.Warning: There is one more method to stop automatic updates using the Windows registry. Windows Registry contains all the files of your system. So you should not disturb them. The above two methods will work for you for sure.
Windows updates are really important for your PC experience and overall safety of your files. But automatic updates are really annoying as they restart your PC and then it takes a lot of time to install. All your mood is spoiled if you are doing some important work during this time. So we have written this guide on “How to Dible automatic updates on windows 10”. If you have any issue implementing these methods then you can surely contact us in the comments section. We will surely help you. Cheers!